My Favourite Baked Zucchini Fritters
I am always looking for yummy ways to incorporate vegetables into my meals since, frankly, I am not a vegetable person AND it appears I've passed that picky gene onto my kids. So here is one of my favourite recipes that uses all the goodness of zucchini while being kid approved and is pretty easy on your carb macros.
Baked Zucchini Fritters
1lb (approx 2 medium sized) zucchini - grated
1/2 cup all purpose flour + a pinch for prep
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten with a fork
Fresh shallot, finely chopped
2-3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over grated zucchini and let sit in a colander to drain.
3. Strain and squeeze grated zucchini in a cotton dish towel to remove excess water.
4. Move grated zucchini into a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mix gently until zucchini is well coated.
5. Onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spoon cookie sized portions of mix about 1.5" apart. 6. Spray or drizzle lightly with EVOO and place on middle rack in pre-heated oven.
7. Bake for approx. 10 min each side, remove and place on a paper towel covered cooling rack to soak up excess oil.
These babies will keep in the refrigerator for roughly 5 days and can be frozen for up to a month. Pop them in the toaster to crisp them up or just reheat, and you will love me forever for making you love vegetables.
- Coach A.